"How do I optimize my website for generating clicks/impressions?"
As more publishers join the network and additional information is gathered about the browsing habits of our visitors, we can recommend approaches to increasing the performance of display ads on your website.
Below are a few ideas that we recommend you implement as they have proved successful with publishers in the past:
- Review your impression visibility for display advertising. If you are seeing a high concentration of unmeasurable or unviewed ad impressions, you should work on optimizing your placements. Any ad zones with under 50% viewability will automatically lose access to high-earning vCPM inventory and begin showing CPC backfill ads. Thus, it is very important to continue monitoring your viewability % metrics for each ad zone and optimize for maximum viewability as needed. To accomplish this as a MANTIS publisher, log in to your account and navigate to your Zones tab under the Display section. Here you can view each ad zone for your property as well as each zone's individual performance / viewability score.
- Keep a mobile banner attached to the top or bottom of the webpage, known as a "sticky ad." These type of ads tend to perform the best on the MANTIS ad network and have some of the highest earning potential. Note: If you use the official MANTIS WordPress plugin, the ability to add a sticky mobile ad to the top or bottom of a website is provided out of the box, in just a few clicks.
- Avoid “dead zones” in your website design / layout. If you are able to scroll through a page to a point where no ads are displayed, you should find ways to break up content and increase the number of ads on the page that are in view-able ad zones.
- Review your “clicks by device” and "impressions by device" on your reporting dashboard. You should try to keep these numbers as close together as possible. If you find one type of device is not converting as well as you would expect, look at altering your design to make ads an integral part of the user experience as opposed to an after-thought.
- If the user is reading an article, place an ad right after the content ends. We suggest you setup the zone in your administrative panel to display a leaderboard or medium rectangle ad on desktop/tablet devices and a static wide mobile banner or medium rectangle ad on mobile devices.
- If you are displaying a medium rectangle ad, consider serving multiple sizes (such as prioritizing half page first, then medium rectangle) to increase earning potential from larger, higher-paying ad units.