"What is a content recommendation widget?"
As a MANTIS publisher, we give you the option to monetize your website’s traffic by showing display, video, and/or content ads. Websites looking to earn ad revenue through content ads can do so with MANTIS with the help of our content recommendation widget. Essentially, what this widget does is show relevant and quality content that readers can continue reading after an article hosted on your website.
Once you have implemented the code for MANTIS’ content recommendation widget (see below), your website will begin showing readers similar content sourced from either:
- Your own hosted/existing content
- Other network members enrolled in our content sharing program, and/or...
- Sponsored content from MANTIS advertisers
When you opt-in to show paid articles in the widget, your property will earn money every time a sponsored story is clicked by a valid reader.
Content Recommendation Widget Example
Implementing Our Content Recommendation Widget
To add our content recommendation widget to your website and begin making money with MANTIS, you need to follow these three simple steps:
- Log in to your MANTIS account / property dashboard
- Click on the Code link on the left side
- Click on the Recommendation tab at the top of the page and copy the code on the page
- Paste the provided code wherever you would like the widget to appear on your website
First time working with MANTIS?
To get access to your property’s dashboard, you must first fill out a new publisher application and be accepted into the network by MANTIS.
Managing Your Widget’s Settings
Using your MANTIS dashboard and provided log in credentials:
- Go to your property’s Settings tab after logging in
- Click on the Content Recommendation tab at the top of the page
- Begin managing your widget’s settings
Settings you can manage as a publisher include how many articles are displayed in the widget, the ratio of internal vs. external (non-paid) vs. paid content, publishers and advertisers to exclude from rotation, and more.
How to exclude pages from the MANTIS crawler
If you would like to ensure pages crawled by our system are not shown in the content recommendation widget, you can add a meta tag to the <head></head> of your page:
<meta property="mantis:recommend" content="exclude" />
Congratulations! You should now see our content widget on your website.
While you're at it... let's go ahead and implement our other revenue generating platforms to maximize your earnings with us: