In an effort to provide quality ad real estate to advertisers on the MANTIS platform, all inquiring publishers are required to meet a minimum set of standards before they are accepted into the MANTIS network.
Any websites submitted for review must be live at the time of application and adhere to the following:
- Your website must be your own top-level domain (www.example.com and not www.example.com/mysite).
- You must provide accurate personal information with your application that matches the information on your domain registration.
- Your website must contain substantial, original content.
- Your website's monthly traffic should exceed 50,000 page views and be searchable via a quick Google search.
- In addition to meeting these traffic requirements, prospective publishers will need to prove their audience is unique enough for advertisers to target.
As a self-service ad platform, publishers are fully responsible for successfully integrating their website or app to be compatible displaying MANTIS ads. The standard implementation for MANTIS is direct ad tags. However, if you require header bidding or DFP implementation instructions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred implementation method.
Quality, Relevant Content
Simply having traffic isn’t enough for acceptance. It is also important that advertisers are represented by quality websites and brands that are relevant to their target audience(s). In our case, we look for websites that cater to a unique audience by providing quality content that adheres to the following:
- Your website must produce unique, engaging content on a regular basis (e.g., multiple new posts per week) and/or provide a utility for website users.
- No overly sensitive content is allowed. MANTIS believes strongly in freedom of expression and offers broad access to content across the web without censoring search results. At the same time, we reserve the right to exercise discretion when reviewing sites for MANTIS Ads. If we find that your website contains content that we don’t allow at this time, your account application will be denied. In other words, MANTIS doesn’t currently accept sites that advocate against any individual, group, or organization.
- We don’t allow websites with excessive profanity or potentially offensive content to
participate in MANTIS Ads.
Website Under Construction
- In order to assess your site’s eligibility, we require websites to be launched and navigable before being considered for the MANTIS Ads program. If upon reviewing your site, we find that many of your site’s pages are incomplete or under construction, you're publication application will be declined.
- Please email us at email@example.com when your site is complete. We’ll be happy to reconsider your application at that time.
Difficult Site Navigation
- Potential navigation issues include: broken links, excessive pop-ups, dialers, dynamic content, website pages under construction or not yet launched.
- Additionally, applying websites must adhere to the following rules to prevent spammy tactics:
- Any given page does not show more than 6 ad units to a user.
- Ads must not be within 100 pixels of another advertisement (i.e., stacking ads isn't permitted).
- Ads should be shown naturally on the page with no aggressive or unscrupulous incentives/tactics used to promote user engagement.
Reapplying as a MANTIS Publisher
If your site satisfies the above criteria in the future, please resubmit your application and we’ll review it as soon as possible.
Ready to get started? Submit a publisher application