"Why must I verify my identity?"
In order to comply with U.S. banking and criminal laws, it is important that we validate the information of anyone who receives payouts from our network.
We require all network members who receive payouts to provide us with one of the appropriate tax forms before receiving any funds from MANTIS:
- W-9 form (if a U.S. citizen or business)
- W-8BEN (foreign individual outside of US)
- W8-BEN-E (foreign company outside of US)
When setting up your profile to accept direct deposits to a U.S. checking account, you are required to provide a valid SSN or Tax ID number. This information (along with your legal name) is validated during the setup process.
How to update your tax information within MANTIS
To update your payout information / required tax documents, simply:
- Log in to your MANTIS account
- Navigate to your Payouts tab
- Upload your tax document into the form
- Hit "Update Settings" to confirm your changes