"Why do I need your conversion tracking pixel?"
Having data to support your marketing decisions is key. That’s why MANTIS provides all of its advertising partners a free conversion tracking pixel that allows you to easily track what websites in the network are sending you the best conversions.
Track view-thru conversions, click-thru conversions, and total conversions generated by MANTIS -- all broken down by publisher. Run in-depth reports to determine your cost-per-lead (CPL) and discover which websites are generating the best bang for your buck.
Our conversion tracking pixel is flexible and can track all types of conversions, such as a purchase or sign up, that occurred as a result of activity with your ad. Understanding your conversion data allows you to:
- Identify which websites in the network are performing / underperforming
- Gain insight and learn which campaigns are converting and identify reasons why
- Determine what messaging on your creatives is working and what isn't
How to set up conversion tracking in MANTIS
To install our free conversion tracking pixel, log in to your MANTIS account and click on the Conversions tab. Then click on the blue button labeled “Create a goal.” Fill out the fields on the page and click “Create goal“, as shown below:
Choosing the right Goal URL for conversion tracking
Do not include the URL protocol or domain
- Depending on your website structure, it may not be ideal to track conversions based on the beginning of the URL.
- http://mysite.com/category/page1 – The entire URL should not be used for tracking
- http://mysite.com/category/page1 – The correct way is to use the path at the end (excluding any parameters)
Choose a segment of the URL that is constant
- Similar to advice above, beware of any URLs that are accessed with dynamic parameters. In this example, you should only include the URL path for tracking purposes.
Avoid overlap between similar URLs
- In some circumstances, you may have multiple URLs that share common elements but have different meanings. In the following example, the text “/thank_you” is ambiguous, so you should be more specific and at least include the folder above it.
- If you use Shopify as your e-commerce platform of choice, you have the ability to use our conversion tracking on their checkout pages. For the purposes of tracking purchases through our system, you will notice that the thank you page has a similar structure for each order:
- When creating a goal for the thank you page (based on the advice given above), you should use the phrase “/thank_you” in your goal URL. This allows you to monitor all visits regardless of the unique store or customer identifier.
"Can I remove underperforming websites from my ad rotation?"
To remove certain publishers from your campaign's rotation, please ensure you have already:
- Installed our free conversion tracking pixel
- Setup goals on your Conversion tab (to track said conversions)
- See conversion data on your Conversion tab, segmented by publisher
Once you have conversion data to support a publishers removal (e.g., a high CPL price), please contact us and we can work with you to remove these websites from your campaign(s) rotation.